Studio Guidelines Specific to Wood Studio Members
Hamilton Craft Studios
In order to maintain the efficiency and organisation of the wood studio, please review the guidelines below.
- Members will be in good standing.
- Members will have completed an orientation and safety assessment.
- Members will have signed all relevant Waivers and documentation
- Members do not have access to the studio during scheduled class times. Please refer to the studio calendar available online.
DROP IN HOURS
The Wood Studio may only be accessed during designated drop-in hours.
Thursday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Members may access the four benches located in the common bench room.
- Members may access the tools and supplies located in the shared shelf and cabinets in the common area
- Lumber / materials / sheet goods and consumables may be purchased from HCS. Materials pricing and availability are clearly marked, please follow the price sheet available. A technician is on duty to help with purchase orders - do not take materials without first speaking to the technician.
- Shorts and scrap material are available at no charge, the bins are located ______ and are clearly labelled..
HCS Studio equipment can be used once the member has completed all necessary sign offs.
Machines available include:
- SawStop Station
- 16 inch and 6-inch Jointers
- 15-inch Planer
- 18 inch and 14-inch Bandsaws
- Router Table
- Edge Sander
- Drum Sander
- Radial Arm Saw
- SCM Panel Saw
- AXYZ CNC
- AVID CNC
- Felder Resaw
- Rockwell Planer
- SCM Wide Belt Sander
STUDIO ETIQUETTE and SAFETY
- Members will check in with the Studio Technician upon arrival to review your plans for the day prior to starting your work.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn during any machine operation and will be strictly enforced by HCS staff. Safety Glasses are mandatory.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times:
- Closed toed shoes required - do not wear open toe shoes or sandals in the wood studio at any time.
- No loose clothing.
- No jewellery.
- Remove any dust from the inside and surface of the machine.
- Return tables, fences and locks to neutral.
- Lower table saw blades.
- Sweep area around machine
- Dispose of off cuts
- Put all supplementary supplies back where they’re stored (clamps, screw drivers, jigs, etc)
- Return all parts and accessories to their designated storage locations.
Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Together, we can maintain a productive and harmonious environment at Hamilton Craft Studios.