Studio Guidelines for Members
Hamilton Craft Studios
As Hamilton Craft Studios has reached its one-year anniversary we are very excited to have witnessed the rapid growth in membership. We are constantly endeavouring to improve the functionality of the wood studio. With the increased membership and volume of use, we have reviewed the membership guidelines and revised them below. The directors of HCS are grateful to our members for your patronage and we are looking forward to another exciting year. In order to maintain the efficiency and organisation of the wood studio, please review the guidelines below.
- Members will be in good standing.
- Members will have signed all relevant Waivers and documentation
- Members do not have access to the studio during scheduled class times. Please refer to the studio calendar available on the website and discord.
- Members accessing the wood studio will have completed an orientation and safety assessment, approved by a designated representative of Hamilton Craft Studios.
DROP IN HOURS
3rd Floor Studios may be accessed during HCS open hours:
Monday 9:00am to 9:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am to 9:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am to 9:00pm
Thursday 9:00am to 9:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
The Wood Studio may only be accessed during designated drop-in hours, by members that have performed the necessary safety assessment:
Thursday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Members may access any communal work space, communal studio machinery and tools.
- Members may access small tools and shared supplies as available and indicated by signage/staff. Please ask if you are unsure.
- No member has the right to use the personal property of another member. Please do not remove or use tools that do not belong to HCS or yourself. Please do not take tools from individual artist storage spaces.
- Supplies, materials and consumables may be purchased from HCS. Pricing and availability are clearly marked, please follow the price sheet available. A technician is on duty to help with purchase orders - do not take materials without first speaking to a technician or instructor.
- The black cabinets are for HCS instructor use only. Please do not use any materials or tools stored in the units.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE and SAFETY
- Members are responsible for checking the Studio Calendar prior to arrival to ensure the studio space they intend to use is not occupied by a class or workshop.
- When you are finished using a work area, machine or tool please clean it and return it to its original state/storage area. This includes all cleaning, dusting, wiping, and washing of tools as needed.
- At the end of your session return tools to their storage area, dust off or wipe down work tables and sweep or mop around the workspaces.
- DO NOT sweep in the ceramic studio. Mopping only.
- DO NOT use any machines you do not have operational knowledge of / experience with. If unclear with any machine/tool use or set up please seek assistance from the Studio Technician or members on site. If there is no one on site to help - do not use the machine/tool. Send an email in order to arrange an orientation/lesson with our staff.
- Broken or Damaged tools are to be reported to HCS staff immediately upon discovery. Please email us a description of the item and damage as soon as possible: email@example.com
- Storage is available for a monthly fee. Projects, materials and tools are not to be stored on site without a storage agreement in place.
- Long term or large scale projects that require extended time in the communal areas or require storage on site must be organised with a studio technician prior to start.
- Everyone will work to accommodate additional members in the studio when required, common areas are to be shared equally by all members attending the drop in.
- Wood Studio access requires Personal Protective Equipment to be worn during any machine operation and will be strictly enforced by HCS staff. Safety Glasses are mandatory.
- Wood Studio access also requires proper work attire to be worn at all times:
- Closed toed shoesIncluding - do not wear open toe shoes or sandals in the wood studio at any time.
- No loose clothing.
- No jewellery.
- Leave the studio better than you found it. Please help keep the studio as clean and accessible as possible by putting in a little extra effort every visit to ensure the space is tidy.
Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Together, we can maintain a productive and harmonious environment at Hamilton Craft Studios.